Platelet Rich PlasmA
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Hair Restoration
Platelet Rich Plasma therapy for hair loss is a treatment that involves withdrawing a patient's own blood, processing via a centrifuge so only enriched cells (platelet-rich plasma) remain, and injecting it directly into the scalp. Platelet-rich plasma contains essential proteins (growth factors) that stimulate hair growth naturally. Due to the natural variation in the quality of platelet-rich plasma, results will vary between individuals. Some patients may require multiple sessions to obtain desired outcomes. Usually, we advise at least 4-6 treatments to start noticing the full effect. Treatment can be spaced out between 4-6 weeks with visibility in results up to 3.5 months. Annual treatment is required to maintain results. A consultation is required with our MD or NP to determine if you are a good candidate.
An impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases (such as lupus), HIV, HTV, or immunosuppressive medications. Please disclose medications such as methotrexate or DMARDS.
Skin conditions and diseases including: Facial cancer, existing or uncured. This includes SCC, BCC and melanoma, systemic cancer, and chemotherapy such as methotrexate.
Steroid therapy, dermatological diseases affecting the face (i.e. Porphyria), communicable diseases, blood disorders and platelet abnormalities, anticoagulation therapy (i.e. Warfarin). Please disclose if any recent lab work has been questionable.
If you are currently pregnant, undergoing IVF, or breastfeeding. If you have recent hair loss due to post-partum, a wait period may be advised.
Do you show these signs of aging?
1. Skin color has become dull and gray
2. Fine vertical lines around the mouth
3. Scars from acne
4. Skin texture is less smooth, worn, tired, or droopy
Why the Vampire Facial?
There are many ways to rejuvenate the face. You may have tried some of the following strategies:
Skin creams and facials may be helpful but not strong enough to rejuvenate tissue adequately.
Retin A and other prescription medication may improve texture, however results may be minimal and slow to realize.
Toxins may decrease visible wrinkles but will not improve skin health and firmness.
With VampireFacial, growth factors, combined with SkinPen Microneedling, turn on the skin"s healing mechanisms, leading to a decrease in fine lines and wrinkles, increased elasticity and firmness, smoother texture and color.
The Vampire Facelift (or a liquid facelift) is a particular way of using injectable blood-derived growth factors, HA fillers and follow up procedures to restore facial beauty and revive youth. And although other doctors may use the materials used in this procedure, only those doctors listed at www.vampirefacelift.com are certified to do the procedure in the intended way.
Steps of the Vampire Facelift
1. Our Board Certified Physician or one of our Certified Vampire Facelift practitioners will evaluate your face based on the mathematics of beauty.
2. We will apply a topical numbing cream and patients are prescribed valium per request.
3. Our medical professionals will draw blood from your arm. This is done exactly like if you are doing a blood test at a laboratory.
4. We centrifuge the blood. Our state of the art centrifuge spins the blood at the appropriate RPM to isolate the correct amount of Platelets.
5. Inject HA filler. Here our MD, NP, or PA sculpts the face into a more beautiful shape.
6. Extract platelets from the tube and inject into the face to release growth factors.
6. Aftercare plan.